Monday, July 5, 2010

Zesty Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken

(Taken from Trisha)
6 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
12oz bottle barbecue sauce
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 T. Worcestershire sauce

Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.

Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.

 ** Note From Nicole - I haven't tried this yet but I REAAALLLLLYY want to soon!  Looks so good! :)  The picture is Trisha's too - hope mine turns out as yummy looking as hers does!

TIPS FROM TRISHA:

**When I freeze it, I simply let it cool and then bag it up. To reheat, I thaw in the refrigerator over night and then reheat in a skillet or in the oven.

**I have, on several occasions, made this on the stove or in the oven instead. One the stove with chicken tenderloins, it takes about 30 minutes (thawed chicken) to 45 minutes (frozen chicken).

**We prefer this with Sweet Baby Ray’s original barbecue sauce with Jack Daniel’s being our second favorite for this recipe. I will sometimes add some hot sauce to the recipe. I’ve also used honey instead of brown sugar when I was out…we prefer it with brown sugar.

**This makes a GREAT baked potato topper.

**A friend of mine often subs ranch dressing for the Italian. I’m not a fan of ranch, so I can’t vouch for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment